As “Project Engineer” you will be technical lead and primary contact for all customers, internal functions, and vendors for the entire duration of the assigned project. You will handle Project engineering related correspondence, provide periodic updates to customer and management, drive customer satisfaction. You will schedule, plan, forecast, resource, and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Ensure that engineered solutions meet project requirements in terms of functionality standards, customer specifications and quality.
- Develop and own engineering documentation (submission to approval) package required for execution of the project as per the purchase orders.
- Complete technical studies and prepares cost estimates for bought out items.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project engineering activities.
- Attends Project review meetings and presents all technical aspects of project assigned.
- Support sales team with technical risk review of RFQ during Prebid stages
- Support field services team as and when required during site execution.
- Keeping track of site modifications and develop as built drawings.
- Interact with vendors and review of technical specification of bought items and ensure compliance to project specifications.
- Actively participate in cost optimization initiatives.
- Lead and participate to IFAT/FATs activities.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support.
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisations software such as AutoCAD
- Coordinating with teams across the globe operating at different time zones.
- Degree in Engineering (Instrumentation, Electronics/ Communication, Electrical) with 3-4 years of project engineering experience especially in the field of Oil & Gas/ Refineries/ Petrochemicals and Power & Water.
- Experience in Process Control Automation System -Hardware & Application Engineering, HMI Engineering, Library development, 3rd Party Communication, FAT and SAT.
- Knowledge of cabinet design, network architecture, system power and heat load calculations.
- Experience of writing project specific Functional design Specifications
- Good knowledge of network engineering and IT developments (PC handling, Windows applications, PC configurations, virus scanners, interfaces, backup)
- Should have sound knowledge and hands on experience on various field bus protocols (like Profibus, Modbus TCP/Ip, Profinet, Foundation field bus, etc.).
- 30% travels to customer sites/factory.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, policies, standards, and best practices.