Location: Bengaluru and Chennai
Company: Applied Materials
Application Engineer Job Description
This position is within Applied Materials division that is involved in software analytics product development, deployment and application. Applied Materials engineers use these products for statistical diagnostics and troubleshooting of critical problems and for advanced analytics at various customer sites and at multiple product divisions.
Applications engineer will be responsible for the analytics software product testing (both alpha-beta phases), deployment and application, complex data analysis and reporting, user account team interface including training, documentation and creating use cases in close technical collaboration with internal and external customers along with the core engineering team. The position could be based at Chennai / Bangalore, India location. The position may involve some overseas travel based on the project needs and on short notice.
At a higher expertise level, Applications engineer also contributes to the analytics software product development roadmap through specs definition and performance validation.
- Basic knowledge and hands on experience in software skills in scripting, SQA and software product applications & physical model problem solving.
- Need to drive service engineer productivity leveraging analytics as part of service products.
- Experience in using diagnostics softwares like JMP, PowerBI, Tabeleu and Python scripting.
- Sound fundamentals of semiconductor device physics and process knowledge (deposition, etching).
- Experience with semiconductor analytical SW for FDC and R2R control such as E3/FSS would be preferred.
- Must have a strong analytical, problem solving capability and communication (both verbal and written) skills. Must be conversant with statistical process control terminologies and have adequate data analytics skills.
- Ability to work in a team as well as work independently and having problem solving attitude.
- Project or training need based overseas travel upto 20% on a short notice may be required.
- Masters degree required / PhD preferred – Electrical or Electronics Eng / Chem Eng/ Materials Science/ Computer Science / Microelectronics / Engineering Physics / Chemistry.
- 2-3 years experience in technical analytics. New College Graduat with relevant similar experience / thesis work can be considered.