Construction is one of the most challenging jobs where skills and strengths are the must-haves for any construction worker. It can also be mentally and physically draining, so the workers should be ready to taste the dust.
As the job is so demanding and gruelling, the workers need unique clothing to carry it out successfully. The essential part of clothing is their work pants. In this article, we will focus on the work pants best suited for the construction workers.
There are some things that you need to consider before selecting your preferred construction work pants. They are listed below.
- Material: The fabric of the work pants must be considered before selecting your preferred work pants. There are usually two kinds of fabrics that are used to make the construction work pants which come with their own sets of advantages and disadvantages. Firstly, the cotton blends or types are more comfortable and breathable, while the synthetics are also durable and water-resistant.
- Pockets: Pockets are an important part when you are a construction worker. As a construction worker, you need to keep your tools within your reach at all times. The pockets come in varied shapes and sizes. You should always check the size of the pockets to keep your preferable tools at a minimum distance that can be accessed at all times.
- Stretch Fabric: Some construction work pants come with a percent of spandex for the pants to be stretchable. This makes the life of a worker easier who need to bend and move around a lot.
However, there is a lot more to know and consider before you can finally choose the best construction work pants according to your fit. They are all listed in the Buying Guide given below. Let us explore each option of the construction work pants with the pros and cons that come with them. We have also listed all the options in a tabular form for convenient access.
Best Construction Work Pants 2022
10 Best Construction Work Pants 2022 Reviews
Dickies with these Big and Tall Flex Work Pants to offer both style and durability at an affordable price. The Hook and Eye Closure helps the work pants to fit naturally to the body of the worker. Moreover, the high rise feature lets it sit naturally on the waist, and the traditional workwear waistband helps you adjust the work pants according to your size.
The sturdy twill fabric makes the work pants durable and long-lasting. The relaxed fit of the fabric with tapered legs gives enough room and breathability for the thighs and the seat. The signature, wide-tunnel belt loops distribute the weight evenly. The reinforced seams increase the life of the product.
The wrinkle-resistant and stain-free fabric make it easy to care for and allows machine wash. Welt back pockets secured with buttons allow the worker to carry his tools while working. Convenient hook and eye waist closure with a sturdy brass zip.
- Comfortable and natural adjustable fit.
- Breathable around the thighs and the seat.
- Reinforced seams.
- Machine wash.
- Does not need much care as the fabric is wrinkle-resistant and stain-free.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Easy to maintain
- The size chart can be tricky for some buyers.
This Wrangler Riggs Workwear Men’s Ranger Pant is rated among the best construction work pants, they have a few stress points and is not too hard on the pocket. These Work Pants tick all the boxes and are on the lower end of the price scale.
They are made of 100% Cotton Ripstop Fabric with a relaxed fit. The relaxed fit makes the pants breathable and helps the worker move around freely while working or bending over.
They also feature a lot of space for storage, including leather tape measure clips, and a hammer loop, with side, back, and front pockets, as well as well-spaced front pockets, to carry all kinds of tools for the worker. Additionally, the gusset crotch improves mobility and makes it durable. Wrangler never disappoints with their work pants, and these cotton canvas pants are ideal for constriction men at work.
- Relaxed fit increases mobility.
- Made of 100% cotton ripstop fabric.
- Well-spaced pockets to store all kinds of tools.
- Additional gusset crotch
- Available in a wide range of colours.
- Ticks all the boxes for work pants.
- makes the pants fit the best for the buyer.
- Might seem bulky for short-build men.
These work pants by Labeyzon is made of 97% cotton and 3% spandex. This combination makes the pants comfortable, and the rip-stop material makes it even more favorable. Pants are also lightweight and boast a scratch-resistant, wear-resistant, breathable, durable, stretch, and quick response fabric. It is very convenient for daily wear and exercise.
The crotch and knee are tailored according to the ergonomic design of the three-dimensional sense and can be worn at all times as it allows mobility. It can also be comfortable at the foot. Widened loop belts at the elastic waistband with a plastic triangle ring make the buyer prefer these work pants above anything else. The slope-type cuffs make it a tactical fit for the boots.
The multiple pockets with a strengthened side, two huge expandable cargo pockets on both sides with two mini-pockets with zippers help to securely carry all the tools and keep them handy. The rear pockets are also fitted on both rear sides. It is also very stylish. The cotton fabric is comfortable for year-round wear as it has a pleasant feel to it.
- The multiple pockets help to store all the tools.
- It is scratch-resistant, wear-resistant,
- It is durable and water-resistant.
- Ergonomically tailored.
- Cotton fabric makes it comfortable to wear.
- Good fit
- Convenient for daily wear.
- Size might be an issue.
- Features an irregular cut, not a standard pant pattern.
A modern slim fit jeans which are comfortable as it gives room to move. The 511 Slim-Fit Stretch Jeans have always been regarded as classics since the beginning. These Jeans by Levis fit below the waist with a slim fit from the hips to the ankle. Levis has incorporated their modern stretch technology to build the pants to provide optimum comfort and maximum flex.
These pants offer a great alternative in place of skinny jeans as it is cut close to the body. The jeans are tapered at the foot for a more tailored look. The denim fabric makes the jeans resistant to wear and tear and provides maximum comfort for all seasons.
The jeans sit below the waist and fit from the hip to the ankle. The jeans also feature a zip fly. The bootcut widens at the ankle to fit any boots. These water-less jeans make use of less water to make the jeans.
- Best alternative to skinny jeans.
- Sits below waist, from hips to ankles.
- The bootcut bottom allows you to wear any footwear.
- Resistant to wear and tear.
- Maximum comfort for all seasons.
- Not Levis’ best work pants.
- Denim feels thin and very hard.
- Size can be a problem.
Carhatt has always been focused on developing stylish and durable men’s clothing for a long time. They have already made a name for functional and stylish clothing. These Rugged Flex Rigby Pants have made it to our top choices of construction work pants.
They are available in various colors but are most popular in Hickory and Shadow shades. These pants feature a button-top closure and are manufactured from 98% cotton and 2% spandex. The spandex gives these work pants a tiny bit of stretch. The relaxed fit around the thigh and the seat improve mobility, and the double front allows the use of knee pads under the pants.
They can be classified as professional pants as they do not give a rugged look and can be worn by engineers who need to move to and fro from the construction site and the office.
- Improves mobility.
- Knee pad inserts.
- Cotton fabric.
- Available in several colours.
- Can be tagged as professional pants and can be worn at the construction site or the office.
- The 2% spandex increases stretchability.
- Reviewers argue that they are more of a straight fit than a regular fit.
- The fittings might not be suitable for everyone.
- Not water-resistant.
Red Kap manufactures its work pants with durable fabrics and stronger seams. They are designed in such a way that one can wear them regularly. The company is devoted to doing everything right.
These pants have pockets in the right places. These work pants feature snap closure pockets and are perfect for storing your mobile phones or other small belongings while working. The slack-style front pockets, two set-in hip pockets, hidden brass zippers, and sturdy button closures.
These pants are from ZeroSkratch Collection, so you can carry out your work without any hassle. It is strategically designed to keep the zips, buttons, and snaps under fabrics. The TouchTex Pro Technology helps in colour retention, soil release, and soft-feel fabric. The durable press fabric requires you to iron and press the pants minimally.
- It is scratch-proof.
- Manufactured with Touchtex Pro Technology.
- Require minimal pressing or ironing.
- Available in several colours.
- The fabric feels soft.
- Colour-retention and stain-resistant.
- Sizes can be deceiving.
- You need to order a size or two above your regular size.
The main goal at CQR is to deliver high-quality and tactical work wear to optimize the performance under all pressures and situations. These Men’s Dura-Flex Tactical pants are ideal for construction work and are fade-resistant, shrink-resistant, and wrinkle-resistant. The ripstop cargo fabric makes the pants lightweight and water-repellent.
The D-ring hooks allow it to sit comfortably on the waist and allow the worker to move freely. The articulated seams also help to make pants fit properly. The multiple cargo pockets allow keeping all the tactical equipment as well as personal items in them. The flap velcro helps to secure the personal belongings and makes it easy to access even with the gloves on.
The elastic band and button closure help you to move freely and bend over easily without any hassle. These pants are a classic regular fit that is neither narrow nor wide and are straight through the legs.
- 8-multi Cargo Pockets.
- Water-proof and Dust-proof.
- Articulated seam.
- Flexible and stretchable fabric.
- Elastic band around waist and button closure.
- Not ideal for rugged environments.
- Not resistant to wear and tear.
- A bit pricey.
These tactical pants by Magcomsen are water-resistant and lightweight. Thre perfect for work as well as hiking or any job requiring stretch or strength. The special fabric absorbs the moisture from the body and helps to keep it cool.
The 9 pockets are superb for storing all the essential equipment and important personal belongings. The fabric is also skin-friendly and feels soft on the skin. This fabric also makes the pants breathable and comfortable. The quick-dry feature makes the pants easy to wash and take care of.
The neat stitching and bottom design make the pants stylish and cotton-polyester blended rip-stop fabric makes them ideal for all kinds of weather and situations.
- Quick drying feature.
- Wrinkle-resistant and breathable.
- Solid colours.
- 9 pockets.
- Soft fabric.
- Fit might seem a problem for some people.
- Restricts movement.
- The inside mesh of two pockets is not sturdy.
The Navekull Men’s Outdoor Tactical pants are made of 65% polyester and 35% cotton blend with rip-stop fabric. The fabric makes the pants lightweight, stretchable, and wind-proof. It also helps to shield against wear and tear and makes it ideal for construction work or outdoor activities.
The elastic waistband makes you feel comfortable throughout the day and you can regularly use the pants. The three-dimensional tailoring at the crotch and knee area protects the right areas.
The multi-pockets on the pants make it easier to store the tools and keep them handy. It also helps to keep personal belongings safe while at work.
- Suitable for all kinds of outdoor activities.
- Stretch fabric and windproof.
- Resistant to wear and tear.
- Multi-pocket make the pants favorable.
- Three-dimensional tailoring in required areas.
- Comfortable fabric.
- Size charts can be deceiving.
- Baggy fit at unwanted areas for some body types.
- Some people might not like the colour.
These pants from Wolverine are made of cotton blended with 1% of spandex to provide just that extra stretch. The fabric is imported, which makes it breathable and of high quality. The durable stretch and denim fabric prevent and resist wear and tear.
The zip closure secures the pants and makes them fit perfectly on the waist. The 9 pockets make it easier to store all the tools and also the personal belongings when at work.
The machine wash makes it easier to wash and maintain.
- Cotton fabric makes it comfortable.
- Features 9 pockets.
- Zip closure helps to improve mobility.
- Best-quality fabric.
- Durable and stretch canvas.
- Machine-wash makes it easier to maintain.
- The feel of the pants is not nice.
- Size chart should be improved.
- Not very deep pockets.
Construction Work Pants Buying Guide
Construction workers often face many difficulties concerning their clothes, especially their work pants. Some of them are that uncomfortable materials do not feel good to touch. Secondly, expensive work pants do not work as long as they promise to last.
Then, some work pants just do not fit well. The lack of pockets and other convenient features make the life of the construction worker even more difficult. So, we have listed some features to check before finalizing your ideal construction work pants.
- Pockets: From closure to size, pockets on work pants come in various forms and differ significantly. If the worker likes to keep his tools handy and within reach, they should go for larger pockets and check the pocket sizes before purchasing. Additionally, for storing more than one tool at a time, some work pants come with sub-divided pockets for better organization.
- Reinforced Knees: Some work pants come with reinforced or extra fabric in the knee areas. It is ideal for workers who require to sit on their knees regularly. The extra fabric also helps keep the pants durable for longer. This helps to keep your pants for longer, and you do not need to change them regularly.
- Stretch Fabric: Some construction work pants have a nice stretch to make them comfortable. The manufacturers achieve this by incorporating a few portions of spandex into the material. This feature of the work pants would be helpful if your job requires bending or moving around a lot.
- Gusset: This is one of the most important features for the construction worker. The gusset is a diamond-shaped fabric sewn into the crotch of the work pants. It is ideal for comfort and movement as it eliminates all the seams coming together in one spot.
- Materials: There are generally two kinds of fabrics used to make the work pants. Both of them are listed below.
- Cotton or cotton blend: Cotton is usually the go-to fabric for the construction of the construction work pants due to its accessibility, versatility, breathability, and longevity. There are several types/blends; denim and cotton duck is the most popular. Denim is slightly thicker for work which makes it durable and comfortable. Cotton duck is a durable woven canvas that blocks the wind and is ideal for a rugged environment. Both the mentioned cotton derivatives are very easy to wash.
- Synthetics: Work wear woven from synthetic fabrics like polyester and nylon was not favorable in the past, but technological advances have increased their popularity. These artificial blends are water-resistant and long-lasting.
Different Kinds of Construction Work Pants
There are several different kinds of construction work pants. They are listed below:
- Cargo Pants: Their main feature is flap pockets on the leg that allows for more storage space. They are usually cotton types, like a cotton canvas which is rather ruggedly stitched.
- Active Pants: The features like stretch waist and fabric material allow better movement for the worker. Moreover, they are wrinkle-resistant and moisture-absorbing for easy maintenance.
- Professional Pants: These are preferable for engineers who need to go to and fro from the office and the worksite. They feature a more tailored appearance.
- Carpenter Pants: This style lacks storage options but provides great freedom for movement. They have a large leg opening to fit over the boots and a hammer loop for the hammers to fit.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. What are Construction Work Pants?
The world of work pants is huge, and Construction Work Pants have a name for themselves. They survive all kinds of wear and tear and are considered the most durable. These pants are specially woven for construction workers, but at the end of the day, anyone can style them and pull them off. These pants allow the workers to keep their tools in their pockets. They are long-lasting and provide safety and ease of working.
2. How do you want your construction work pants to fit?
The fit must depend on the type of work that you are tasked with and what makes you comfortable. It completely depends on you. A standard fit should be neither loose nor tight. It usually fits straight on the legs, bottoms, and hips. A slim fit comes with lesser fabric and is tighter. It is crucial to mark that these fits are not defined regularly at all levels. You can check your fit from the size chart given.
3. How to style your construction work pants?
The construction work pants can be styled in multiple ways. Some of them are listed below.
- You can pick a pair of construction work pants of any color from a wide range of options like khaki, black, olive green, and others. You can also choose the different style options like cargo, etc.
- You can wear construction work pants with a matching t-shirt, shirt, or jacket as your work requirements or preference. You can contrast the color of the pants and the top so that it looks better.
- You can wear boots to complement the look of construction work pants, which will also help to keep your feet safe. You must not forget socks while at construction as they will protect your feet and help you in all ways to protect your feet.
Out of so many options, choosing the correct construction work pant for yourself can be very challenging. To make the best choice, read about all the products and the pros and cons attached to it. Look for comfort as you have to wear them regularly and for the whole day. Different work pants fit different body types; however, if you ask for our opinion, we would keep Dickies Men’s 874 Big and Tall Flex Work Pant as our first preference due to the comfortable and natural fit.
Next on our list would be Wrangler Riggs Workwear Men’s Ranger Pant owing to its well-sized pockets.
Our third pick would be LABEYZON Men’s Outdoor Work Military Tactical Pants for the ergonomically tailored fit. For any further questions, you can write to us in the comments section below.