As an Equipment Engineer you will be part of HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current), a business unit within Hitachi Energy located in Chennai. The unit develops, manufactures and sells DC transmission systems on a global market. The HVDC technology is used to transmit electricity over long distances and for power transmission via submarine cables. HVDC is also used to connect power systems.
Are you ready to join Hitachi Energy for a career with no limits and a place where you can be yourself? We are interested to learn more about you and what you can contribute with so don’t hesitate to apply even though you don’t meet all requirements. A team with great cooperation and with diverse backgrounds is waiting for you to join.
- Working mainly with electrical design of main circuit equipment in projects with medium to high complexity.
- Specifying main circuit equipment and perform equipment related studies. Complete assignments on projects cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements. Coordinate high voltage equipment design including review of technical documents, evaluation of designs, technical support across different disciplines and projects.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment are communicated and agreed with potential suppliers.
- Witness tests of equipment and participate in commissioning on site.
- Provide technical evaluation of supplier proposals and accept as fit for purpose supplied equipment.
- Collaborate with system design, mechanical design, and control for continuous improvement.
- Interact directly with customers and suppliers as well as work in project teams where technical coordination within scope and technical problem solving is part of the role.
- Attend project meetings and present specific aspects of engineering assignments.
- Maintain network of engineering professionals and share engineering best practice across different projects and disciplines.
- Live Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Master of Engineering in Power System with 0-10 Years of experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Power Systems studies and modelling of electrical network.
- Understanding and design of Electrical Power Systems.
- Preferably knowledge on IEC/IEEE standards.
- Preferably Understanding application of Power Electronics in HV/EHV system like HVDC and FACTS.
- Strong interpersonal communication skill, Fluent English.
- Extensive knowledge of Power Systems equipment and their purpose, such as Power Transformers, Capacitors, Reactors, Instrument Transformer and measuring equipment, Circuit Breakers, Disconnector, Surge Arrester etc.
- Knowledge in selection, sizing and integration of above equipment based on customer functional specification.