Analog Devices DS28E30 is an ECDSA Secure Authenticator to protect products from counterfeiting. The DS28E30 combines ECDSA along with applications data and secure storage of keys. The cost-effective solution comes in a compact package and requires only a single wire to operate making it easy to integrate into new or existing products.
According to the company, the DS28E30 is a cost-effective solution to detect and help protect products from counterfeiting or misuse. To reduce design complexity and enable easier integration of the IC into new or existing products, the single-contact 1-Wire interface combines a fixed-function cryptographic toolbox based on the industry-standard FIPS 186 elliptic curve digital signature algorithm (ECDSA), secure storage of keys and application data. It also provides security features to enable the use management of limited life tools, sensors, and other peripherals. These include a monotonic, non-resettable, decrement-only counter and 1Kbit of general-purpose EEPROM that can optionally be ECDSA protected to store application data including end-product life-cycle information.
DS28E30 Key Features:
- FIPS 186 ECDSA-P256 based challenge/response authentication
- Single pin 1-Wire interface for minimal interconnect requirement
- Each part is factory-programmed with ADI public key certificate for guaranteed authenticity
- 3Kb secure EEPROM for user memory, keys, and certificate
- Wide operating range: 1.62V-5.25V, -40C to +85C
- Small 1.2mm x 1.4mm 4-ball WLP with 0.5mm pit
The secure authenticator can be employed in a wide range of applications such as Asset Tracking, battery ID authentication, etc. It can also be used in the medical field in applications such as medical consumable ID, and medical sensor authentication and calibration. The DS28E30 is available for purchase with the authorised distributors.