The Alexa Fire TV remote is very useful as it lets you connect to the devices. However, there are chances when you happen to lose it as it is very small in size. With the remote, you won’t be able to access the Fire TV and watch your favorite shows and movies. Thankfully there are ways to use the Fire TV Stick TV even without a remote. By trying these hacks, you will be able to access everything without having a remote.
What To Do When You Lose FireStick Remote?
1. Amazon Fire TV App
The first thing that you can try is by downloading the Amazon Fire TV app on your smartphone. The app lets you make your smartphone the remote for your Fire TV. It is available for both Android and iOS devices and lets you download it for free. These are the steps for using the Amazon Fire TV App.
- Step 1: Visit Google Play Store or Apple Store and look for the app.
- Step 2: Download the app on your device.
- Step 3: Enter your Amazon account details.
- Step 4: Your smartphone will detect the TV. You will have to enter the 4-digit code on your smartphone which is on the TV screen.
For using the app, your smartphone and Fire TV must have a common network. By doing so, you will be able to control everything as the app has a similar interface to the Fire TV remote.
2. Amazon Fire TV App without Wi-Fi
There can be scenarios when you want to use the app but you are not at home. You can do it easily by setting up a WiFi hotspot. However, this method involves using two smartphones. With one of the smartphones, you will create WiFi and the other one for using the app. You can follow these steps for the necessary settings.
- Step 1: Create a WiFi hotspot by going to Settings on your smartphone.
- Step 2: Go to WiFi followed by Network.
- Step 3: Tap on “hotspot and Tethering.”
- Step 4: Select “Wifi Hotspot.”
- Step 5: Rename the hotspot with the same WiFi network as your Fire TV’s previous network. You will also have to change the password to the same one which was on the previous network.
- Step 6: Enable the WiFi hotspot and turn on your TV. Your TV will automatically connect to the new hotspot.
- Step 7: On the other phone, install the Amazon Fire TV app with the same WiFi hotspot.
- Step 8: Enter your Amazon details to log in.
- Step 9: It will scan and connect to your TV. You will have to enter the code which is on the TV.
3. Alexa For Remotely Operate Fire TV
Even an Alexa-powered speaker will let you control your Fire TV. All you have to do is to say “Alexa, play A on my Fire TV”. Alexa will perform all your commands and act on your instructions. However, the Alexa speaker and Fire TV must be on the same WiFi network.
4. Use TV Remote
You may be amused to hear that you can use your television remote for controlling the Fire TV Stick. However, this facility is only available for TVs that have the feature of HDMI-CEC. The feature enables connecting multiple HDMI devices so that there will be easy communication.
By pressing your TV remote, it utilizes the HDMI-CEC protocol and passes the instruction. Again, your normal TV remote will not support all the features and you can only use it for basic functions.
5. Use Keyboard & Mouse
All of the methods would require WiFi connectivity, an additional smartphone, and a TV remote. If you can’t access any of these, you can utilize the keyboard & mouse of your computer. Luckily, you will be able to use both wired & wireless mouse and keyboard on the Fire TV. Fire TV Sticks have only one micro USB port, you will have to get a micro USB splitter for using the keyboard and mouse as your Fire TV remote.
6. Buy New Remote
If you don’t want to use additional devices, the only solution is to get a working Fire TV remote. By having a 1st-Generation Alexa Voice Remote, you may use it with Fire tv devices. The remote is budget-friendly and has great compatibility. You will also find other cheaper options.
Your Fire TV Stick remote will let you navigate to the Fire TV. Even if you happened to lose one, you can try any of the above hacks to control your Fire TV. The app lets you use it just like the official remote. You can even do it when you are away from home. The other options are using your computer keyboard and mouse or TV remote. Finally, you can opt for a new remote and get a replacement.