Instagram users can witness server error 5xx. It appears on the server of Instagram which will fail to fulfill the request. When the error happens, the website will not display the data requested. The 5xx server error is not only related to Instagram but also to other social media platforms.
It can be due to various reasons including network error, web server problem, over-congested server, and HTTP request error. It has to be noted that Instagram 5xx server error can be of many types ranging from 500 to 511.
What Are The Different Error Codes?
The Instagram 5xx server error is of different types. When you know the right code for the problem, you will be able to take appropriate action. It is important to know the specific error number and confirm what it means.
- Error Code 500:When there is an expected server error, there will be an Internal server error. The server error can happen due to a malfunctioning server, server overloading, and server crashing. When this happens, the request of the client will not be fulfilled. It can be a resource bottleneck, script malfunctioning, or process crash.
- Error Code 501:The error code “not implemented” happens when the action of the user is not implemented. In a way, we can say that the demands or the requirements have not been taken by the server. In this, the server cannot provide any resource as it fails to recognize the method of request.
- Error Code 502: The web server comes up with an invalid server response when the error code is 502 Bad Gateway. It will provide an incorrect answer from the accessed upstream server. This happens when the web server acts as a proxy or gateway. The error code 502 is associated with the main server and upstream.
- Error Code 503:Error code 503 means that the service is unavailable. It happens when the website experiences any problem or maintenance. It can also happen due to transient overloading or servicing of the website. This problem is temporary and you can try loading Instagram again after some time.
- Error Code 504:Here, the error happens when the webserver did not receive any timely response. 504 Gateway Timeout is for finishing the request by the webserver while acting as a proxy or gateway. When the response is not immediate, the specified request URL in the upstream server will provide error code 504.
- Error Code 505: If you happen to encounter error code 505, it means that the HTTP version is not supported. The web server refuses the HTTP protocol version and comes up with the error.
- Error Code 511:When there is a 511 Server Error Code, it means that the network authentication of Instagram is providing a warning. You will have to note that this is merely a warning. The error states that you don’t have full access to the internet as you may be trying to use any public Wi-Fi without entering the correct code.
How To Fix 5xx Internal Server Error?
Method 1. Restart Instagram App
One of the simplest methods to prevent the error will be to restart the Instagram app. When you close the app and restart it again, it helps to resolve minor difficulties. All you have to do is restart Instagram and you can even clear the cache.
Method 2. Wait For Instagram Server To Rectify
If the 5xx server error is experienced by a majority of people, it means that the problem is with Instagram. You do not have any option to intervene. For this reason, all you can do is wait until the maintenance or the update procedure is complete.
Method 3. Fix Internet Connection
You may encounter the Instagram 5xx server error when there is a poor internet connection. An unstable internet connection makes all internet-based applications lose consistency. In such a case, the posts will load slowly or they may not load at all. You can look for a solution by changing your network connection. If you are using Wi-Fi, move close to the router.
Method 4. Get Wi-Fi Connection Or Restart Mobile Data
Another way to resolve the error will be to restart mobile data or switch on to WiFi. It has to be noted that Wi-Fi offers stable data compared to cellular data. All you have to do is to turn on Airplane Mode and then turn it off again to restart your mobile data. Follow these steps for the same.
Step 1: Slide down the phone screen and go to the Notification Bar.
Step 2: Confirm if your Internet connection is stable.
Step 3: Tap on the pop-up “The Internet connection via this network is unreliable”.
Step 4: Select “Ok” to automatically switch the device to a mobile network.
The following are the steps for enabling or disabling the auto network switch setting.
Step 1: Click on the icon “Apps“.
Step 2: Go to “Settings” followed by “WiFi.”
Step 3: Look for “Menu.”
Step 4: Tap on “Advanced“.
Step 5: Select the Smart network switch to “On” or “Off.”
Step 6: When the prompt of “Smart network switch appears” hit “Ok.”
Method 5. Restart Your Device
You may happen to encounter the Instagram 5xx error when the problem is with your device. By restarting your device, you may be able to resolve the issue. You can confirm it by opening the application again after restarting your smartphone. These are the steps that you need to follow for the same.
Step 1: Hold the “Power” button.
Step 2: When the menu “Options” appears, select “Power off” or “Restart.” The “Power off” option requires turning on the phone manually.
Step 1: Launch the “Power off” slider by holding the side buttons.
Step 2: Wait for 30 seconds and switch off the smartphone by dragging the slider.
Step 3: Hold the side button again to restart your phone.
Method 6. Update Instagram App
Using an outdated Instagram version will let you face many errors while using the application. For this reason, it is important to update the application from time to time. You will have to do it whenever the update is available as it will not only prevent errors but highlights new features.
Best Way To Update Instagram On Android
Step 1: On your phone, go to Google Play Store.
Step 2: Select your profile by going to the upper right corner of the screen.
Step 3: Select “manage apps and devices.”
Step 4: Look for the app Instagram and tap on it.
Step 5: Hit on “Update” to start the update.
- For Android, Use Auto Update
Step 1: Launch the app Google Play Store.
Step 2: Go to “Settings.”
Step 3: Click on “auto-update apps.”
- iPhone Auto-Update Feature
Step 1: Go to the App Store on your IOS device.
Step 2: Tap on the tab “Updates.”
Step 3: A red dot will be seen with the number of available updates.
Step 4: Locate Instagram and hit on the icon “Update.”
Method 7. Reinstall Instagram App
When you are not successful in trying any of the above methods, you can go for reinstalling the Instagram App. However, you will have to uninstall your existing Instagram app
Step 1: On the Home screen, tap and hold the icon of Instagram.
Step 2: Wait till it vibrates and tap to remove it from your device.
Step 3: Navigate to the Apple App Store.
Step 4: Look for Instagram and install it on your device.
Step 5: Launch Instagram and log in with your credentials.
Step 1: Go to “Settings.”
Step 2: Select “Apps.”
Step 3: Look for “Instagram” and click on it.
Step 4: Hit on “Uninstall.”
Step 5: Go to Google Play Store and search for “Instagram.”
Step 6: Download “Instagram” and enter your username and password to log in.
Method 8. Open Instagram Using Browser
You may be able to fix the issue when you use Instagram on a browser rather than the official app. All you have to do is to open Instagram on any web browser and enter your login details. This system also lets you view and upload posts and do everything like the app. You will have to follow these steps to open Instagram on a web browser.
Step 1: On any web browser type the URL https://www.instagram.com/
Step 2: Login by entering your details.
Step 3: Engage in the posts just like the mobile app.
Method 9. Log In And Out Of Instagram Account
Sometimes the issue will be resolved when you log in and log out of Instagram. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
Step 1: On the Instagram app, click on the circle in the bottom right corner.
Step 2: Tap on the three parallel lines at the screen’s upper right corner.
Step 3: Hit on “Settings.”
Step 4: Scroll down and hit on “Log Out.”
As stated, server issues can be due to various causes including maintenance of the website or poor internet connectivity. However, by trying any of the above steps, you will be able to resolve the error and use Instagram efficiently. While looking for the specific error, you need to consider the error code carefully and know what it stands for.