Job Description Summary
Systems engineering is a cross-functional engineering discipline centered on an approach, mindset, and process. All activities that consider both the business and the technical needs of the customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the users needs.
The discipline that executes a robust process of design, creation, and optimization of systems, consisting of identification and quantification of system requirements, creation of alternate system design concepts, performance of design trade studies, selection and implementation of the best designs and verification that the design is properly integrated and executed. Process that proceeds from concept to production to operation.
Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Planning of site installation & testing activities in project planning software e.g Primavera & Smartsheet.
- Daily site activity planning & delegation of activities to team members
- Supervision of control system installation at site.
- Lead the field cable laying & termination as per approved documents.
- Lead the configuration, testing and troubleshooting of complex IEC61850 IED system.
- Configuration of HMI (Human machine interface), TFR (Transient fault recorder) & other sub systems
- Lead the cubicle standalone, inter cubicle and field interface test as per approved documents.
- Testing of substation hardware and software interlocks
- CT and PT/CVT/voltage divider primary and secondary analogue injection test
- Handover the HVDC control system team to the Dynamic commissioning team
- As built documentation markup.
- Manage the record of spares & defective equipment
- Accurate reporting and record keeping on Progress and Issues.
- Coordination with customer and cross function teams to highlight & fix the site issues.
- Follow the departmental standard installation/testing practices and guidelines.
- After sales operation support.
- Support work in RTDS lab for projects
- Degree in Electronics/Electrical engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of Control and Protection cubicle Circuit Diagram, protection relays, HV/MV/LV switchgear
- Knowledge of configuration/ testing of Substation Bay Controllers/Merging Units/ IEC61850 IED’s
- Strong background in Distributed Control Systems / Substation Automation
- Knowledge of industrial communication networks such as Profibus and Ethernet based protocols.
- Understanding of copper & fibre optic cabling systems
- Experienced of Leading control system installation & commissioning of High voltage large substation projects.
- Experience of high voltage power electronics applications e.g. HVDC, Industrial rectifier is desirable.